- Pray where you are. God is present everywhere and ready to listen.
- Pray, when possible, in a quiet place where you can be alone. It is good to fix your mind deliberately on God, apart from confusing distractions.
- Pray to God simply and naturally, as to a friend. Tell Him what is on our mind. Get help from the prayers of others.
- Pray, remembering the good things God has done for you. Give thanks for all your blessings.
- Pray for God’s forgiveness for the unworthy things you may have done. He is near to a humble and contrite heart.
- Pray especially for those things that will make your life more Christ-like.
- Pray for others, remembering the help they need for the situations they confront.
- Pray for the world in its need and for God to guide you toward ways you can help.
- Pray that God’s will be done in you. His purposes are deeper and wiser than our own.
- Pray and then allow God to answer your prayer.
Holy Ground – Exodus 3:1-6
Mid-Winter Bible Conference – People of Faith:
Gideon – Judges 6:11-16
“Love is The Heart” – 1 John 4:7-10, 19
Lord, help me be your heart today, providing hope for those who stray.
Lord, help me be your love today, displaying grace in every way.
Lord, help me be your Word today, proclaiming good when all is gray.
– MaryAnn Sundby
Today is the deadline to bring your bottle back for the Baby Bottle Boomerang for the Carolina Pregnancy Center. The purpose of this ministry is to take the bottle and fill it with change, cash, or check (made payable to Carolina Pregnancy Center) for the ministry of the CPC. If you would like a receipt for your gift, please enclose your name and address inside the bottle and they will send your receipt. Thank you for your support of this important ministry!
Please help our church food pantry by bringing the following items:
- Green peas
Place these items on the table in the cross hall. Thanks for your help!
In the event of inclement weather, please tune to WSPA Channel 7 for service time changes. Sometimes decisions will be based on the condition of the parking areas and sidewalks. Remember to always be safe during these times of extreme weather.
The youth will be going to the Winter Jam 2014 in Greenville on Friday, February 7. We will leave the church at 4:00 pm and return at approximately 12:00 am. Please see Chuck today if you plan to attend this awesome concert.
The February supplies for our shut-ins are available for pickup in the basement. Thank you for your faithfulness to this important ministry!